Young Professional Symposium
Work Hard, Play Harder
Thanks to everyone who attend this year's Work Hard, Play Harder YP Symposium!
The Dubuque Area Chamber’s Young Professional’s Symposium is designed to give its participants an out of the box look at development. Whether it be professional or personal, we strive to present to our members information that will matter as they progress in their career. We want to be that local resource where Dubuque’s workforce attends our events to help them flourish and succeed.
YP Symposium schedule of events
11:00 - 11:30 a.m.: Registration
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Networking and Businesses You Should Know EXPO
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.: Lunch and Keynote speaker Bill Marklein from Employ Humanity on Emotional Intelligence: Awareness, Adaptability & Empathy for 21st Century Leadership
1:00 - 1:15 p.m.: Networking Break
1:15 - 2:15 p.m. Breakouts. Pick one of the three breakouts offered to attend.
- Michelle Gnida with Dale Carnegie training – Networking IQ
- Bill Marklein – A Deeper Dive Into Emotional Intelligence & Being Human Online
- Stacey Hines & Scott McGuire – What the heck is Work/Life Balance?
2:15 - 2:30 p.m.: Networking Break
2:30 - 3:30 p.m.: Breakouts. Pick one of the three breakouts offered to attend.
- Michelle Gnida with Dale Carnegie training – Capitalizing on Networking-The Next Step!
- Pamela Mumm – High Performance Meetings
- Tony Noel, Director of Sales Team Development for Cottingham and Butler - Developing a Personal Accountability Roadmap that Grows Your Business!
3:30 - 3:45 p.m.: Networking Break
3:45 - 4:00 p.m. Announce winner of the Meghan Hackett Award and a word from YP President, Digger Kurt
4:00 - 5:00 p.m.: Closing Keynote speaker Anissa Starnes, Swingbridge Consulting – Step Up and Stand Out
5:00 p.m.: Cocktail Networking Social
$99.00 YP Members
$149.00 YP curious
$750.00 Sponsored tables of 8