Discovering Dubuque’s Dynamics
Established by the Dubuque Area Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Dubuque has provided hundreds of individuals the opportunity to cultivate community knowledge and develop personal leadership skills.
Leadership Dubuque promotes civic responsibility by encouraging involvement, as well as increasing enthusiasm and dedication.
Leadership Dubuque offers participants the opportunity to:
- Learn more about our community resources, government, businesses and educational opportunities
- Learn more about the impact of economic development on the community
- Enhance leadership skills
- Exchange ideas and experiences, both formally and informally
- Meet and build relationships with other leaders from many different segments of our society
- Develop new business contacts within and through the group
The ultimate goal of Leadership Dubuque is for participants to become actively involved in leadership roles in the community, thus enriching the quality of life and shaping the future.
Dates for Leadership Dubuque 2017-18
The next Leadership Dubuque class will begin in September. If you are interested in being part of Leadership Dubuque, check to make sure these dates work with your schedule.
All classes are the held the 2nd Wednesday of the month, except in September and March.
- Sept. 13, 2017 - Ice Breaker, Hotel Julien, 5 - 7 p.m.
- Sept. 15, 2017 - Leadership Dubuque team building, 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Class dinner, 5:30-8 p.m
- Sept. 16, 2017 - Leadership Dubuque workshop, 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Oct. 11, 2017 - Non-Profit day
- Nov. 8, 2017 - Economic Development day
- Dec. 13, 2017 - Education day
- Jan. 10, 2018 - Diversity day
- Feb. 14, 2018 - Arts and Culture day
- March 7, 2018 - State Government day/Dubuque Night in Des Moines
- April 11, 2018 - Health and Wellness day
- May 9, 2018 - Local Government day
- June 13, 2018 - Leadership Workshop and Graduation
The cost of the program per participant is $995.00 for Chamber members only, to be paid prior to the retreat weekend. This covers all costs for the program (meals, lodging, travel, speakers, and administrative costs).
Who Can Participate
Individuals from all areas of the community (such as small business owners, homemakers, managers, elected officials, lawyers, builders, doctors) are eligible for the program.
For more information about the program, please contact Barry Gentry at 563.557.9200 or use the form at the bottom of the page: