Movers, Shakers, & Newsmakers
Inquiring Chamber minds want to know, who are the year’s most fascinating people?
Who generated headlines, created note-worthy buzz or set social media afire?
Congratulations to all of our 2017 Movers, Shakers and Newsmakers nominees!
The nominees were recognized for their outstanding contribution to the Dubuque area. From watercooler conversations, to front-page headlines, social media trends and professional achievements, these Movers, Shakers and Newsmakers are the talk of the town!
And the Top 10 are...
- Karel Czanderna, Flexsteel Industries
- Keith Gutierrez, 7 Hills Brewing Company
- Tom Rauen, Envision Sports Design & H.R. Cook, Five Flags Center (The Fireball Run)
- Anderson Sainci, City of Dubuque
- Kevin Scharpf, Brazen Open Kitchen + Bar
- Leslie Shalabi & Mike Muench, Convivium Urban Farmstead
- Kurt Strand, National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium
- Jim Theisen, Theisen Home Farm Auto
- Luke Thill, Jefferson Middle School
- Gene Tully, Voices
Congratulations our other Nominees
- Mayor Roy Buol, City of Dubuque
- Cori Burbach, City of Dubuque
- Mark Dickson, John Deere Dubuque Works
- Sue Hafkemeyer, Mercy Foundation
- Kinseth Family, Towneplace Suites by Marriott
- Terry Kouba, Alliant Energy
- Digger Kurt, Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans
- Jack McCullough, McCullough Creative-Steeple Square
- Kay Takes, Mercy Medical Center
- Katie Wiedemann, Northeast Iowa Community College