Diversity Summit scheduled for Nov. 7, 2017
Leading and Working with an Inclusive Lens
The Diversity Summit features interactive Diversity Workshops with dynamic opening and lunch keynote speakers.
The Chamber's goal is to foster meaningful discussions on diversity and inclusivity, as a priority in business and community. Courageous conversations to feed our fundamental need to belong; from our place of business to our place of residence.
Diversity and inclusion is an issue which has evolved significantly in the past few years, from an emphasis on racial diversity to an emphasis on diversity of ideas and experiences. Most major companies have diversity and inclusion programs, although these often vary in scope and can focus on different things. Some examples of diversity and inclusion initiatives which are fairly representative of the field include:
- Targeting new hiring to reflect the customer demographics (especially in international markets, this could include age, origin, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation)
- Promoting company resource groups based on age, origin, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation
- Encouraging employees to put forth their ideas for new products to be considered by upper management
8:00-9:00 a.m. Registration
9:00-10:30 a.m. Opening Keynote speaker, Dr. Jermaine Davis, Adjunct Instructor of Organizational Leadership at St. Catherine University Chief Executive Officer at Jermaine M. Davis, Seminars & Workshops, Inc., Co-Founder at The Standout Leadership Company, Leading and Working with an Inclusive Lens
10:30 a.m. Networking Break
10:45-11:45 a.m. Breakouts
- Dr. Saby Labor, Founder &CEO Resilient Campus, Cultivating Deep Connections and Other Strategies to Recruit and Retain Diverse Staff Teams
- Cecilia Stanton Adams, CEO & Diversity & Inclusion Expert, Stanton Adams Consulting, LLC., Big Change with Small Acts of Inclusion
- Chad Kopitzke, CEO NeXtGen Advantage, Generations Collide...You're in the Middle of it - What's Next?
11:45 a.m. Networking Break
12:00-1:00 p.m. Luncheon and Keynote speaker, Patrick McGaughey, CEO Activating People, International Speaker and Trainer, Roadblocks to Diversity
1:00 p.m. Networking Break
- Dr. Jermaine Davis Courageous Conversations
- Dr. Saby Labor Unleashing the Power of Evaluation and Assessment: Tools and Metrics to Measure Your Equity Impact
- Cecilia Stanton Adams The Hidden Bias: Strategies for Awareness
2:15 p.m.. Networking Break
2:30-4:00 p.m.. Scotty Gunther, CEO Scottysays Inc., Co-workers Challenge: Creating inclusive workplace cultures doesn’t just happen. It must be an active intention that is nurtured, cultivated and expected on a daily basis. Whether you are an employer or an employee communicating, respecting and understanding colleagues is one of the most important elements in building a high-performing workforce.
4:00-4:30 p.m. Diversity Panel speakers from today's breakouts
Business leaders share their successes in seeing the world through an Inclusive Lens
Networking Reception to follow
Hotel Julien Dubuque
200 Main St.
Dubuque, IA 52001
Non-Member Registration: $129.00
Table Sponsorship: $800.00