- North American Classification System
- Under "Business" section
Americans with Disabilities
- Resources, services and information for persons with disabilities
- Key to inviting potential clients
- Comprehensive cooperative federal internet site relating to small businesses.
Federal Grant Information
Center for Industrial Research and Service
- Can bring firms into contact with individuals, organizations, and agencies that can provide solutions in a wide range of problem areas.
Dubuque County Attorney Bad Check Restitution Program
- The Dubuque County Attorney's Bad Check Restitution Program is designed to aid local merchants who have been victimized by bad check losses. The goal is to increase the accountability of bad check writers and to recover the losses for the business without increasing the administrative burden on the court system.
Federal Trade Commission
- Provides information on mail-order and telemarketing
Internal Revenue Service
- Federal tax information. Forms for TIN (Tax Identification Number) or EIN (Employers Identification Number).
Iowa Business License Information
Iowa Business Network
- Provides free, one-on-one confidential counseling and training
Iowa Department of Economic Development
- Features a wide range of information about IDED state programs and services as well as other IDED sponsored internet sites.
Iowa Department of Revenue
- Tax information
- An integrated system of public services in Iowa.
Iowa Secretary of State
- Offers state information on corporations, non-profits, limited partnerships, limited liability companies and trademark
Iowa Workforce Development
- Posters employers need for business and workforce informat
National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
Small Business Association
- Provides in-depth overview of the services and the assistance programs available through the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Website where entrepreneurs can trade tips and "talk shop."
State of Iowa Home Page
- Information on Iowa government and services
U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Association
- Gives federal information on exporting and international trade.
U.S. Patents and Trademarks
- Provides patent and trademark information